Sunday, December 20, 2015

Seasonal Pocket Letters

In my last post I wrote about holiday mail.  Today I have just a bit more of my outgoing mail to share: two pocket letters.  First up is this autumn-themed letter.

Supplies: patterned paper from Doodlebug Design, alphabet stickers from October Afternoon, cat stickers from Mrs. Grossman's, pumpkin sticker from Mello Smello.

Click here for a closer look at that cross stitched acorn ornament.


Supplies: patterned paper from October Afternoon, to/from tag from Crate Paper, washi tape from 3M/Scotch, snowman stickers from my stash, all other stickers from Mrs. Grossman's.

And here is a Christmas-themed pocket letter that I recently mailed.  As you see, I use baseball card holders for my pocket letters.  My process is simple: I decorate the front of the card holder and hide the handwritten letter behind the decorations.  Long live snail mail!  :)

6 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Pocket letters seem to have taken over the paper crafting industry. I see them everywhere I visit. Yours are truly lovely, and I like the diversity of the ones you created. They are super. If only snail mail weren't so expensive, we'd do more of it, I'm sure.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

These are adorable! I love this idea!

Carol L said...

This is the first I've seen or heard of pocket letters, but what a great idea! These are adorable! Wishing you a wonderful holiday season!

Halle said...

I have never even heard of pocket letters before this very moment. I guess I should venture out of my bubble every so often huh.
Hope you had a wonderful holiday!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Yes, LONG LIVE snail mail! I absolutely love this idea and find it so creative and wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing your talents and ideas with all of us, Denise! I want to wish you a very happy new year, my friend! HUGS!

Dana Tatar said...

These pocket letters look like so much fun. I'm finally digging into my pocket page stash and am looking forward to creating some of these. Thanks for sharing!