Monday, September 28, 2015

Into the Woods

Are you ready to go into the woods?  The theme this month at Berry71Bleu is "forest."  That theme perfectly fits my vacation photos from August, so I just had to play along.  Here is the scrapbook page that I made.
 
Supplies: green bokeh paper from Webster's pages; enamel shapes, alphabet stickers, spray mist, die cut arrow, damask paper, & ledger paper from October Afternoon; orange leaf paper from Doodlebug Design; all other patterned paper from Lily Bee; doily from Michaels; laser cut banner from Scrapmatts.

Below is the mood board for the challenge.  I see lots of greens and browns, with a few pops of orange and scarlet.


You may never have heard of Pine City, North Branch, Hinckley, and Sandstone, the places where I took these photos.  They are pretty, wooded places in the heart of Minnesota.  And they are beautiful to visit.  Here are a few detail shots.
 
This historic Ojibwe winter lodge is in Pine City.

The woodland fairy is cut from a greeting card that I recently received in the mail.

My family passed through a lot of doorways--both natural and constructed--while on vacation.

We had sunny weather on some days, but grey and rainy weather on other days.  It doesn't matter, because the forest is beautiful in any weather.

It was fun to get these vacation photos scrapped.  And I am so please that I was able to fit ten photos on the page!  Thanks for the inspiration, Berry71Bleu.

6 comments:

Halle said...

Love these! Your photos perfectly captured MN!

Patricia said...

a very beautiful layout with some photos.. love it !

IrinaR (Irina Rakovets) said...

Прекрасный макет, Дениз! интересные фото леса... вижу мухомор, такой же как в наших лесах...
А вот интересно, какие съедобные грибы вы нашли? они такие же как у нас растут? или нет? и вообще, собираете ли вы грибы?

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Denise! Your layout is absolutely gorgeous! I love, LOVE your photos and you scrapped them beautifully using this challenge! I love how you used all of the different papers and that old greeting card, too! What a great idea! And I want to thank you for your wonderful visit to my blog! Yes, isn't technology something else? - no more books to cover? I cannot fathom it!!!! LOL!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Great job!!!!!

Denise van Deventer said...

Love your page Denise and such a neat design. Love your photo's and looks like you have a super vacation! ;-) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu! ;-)
Thanks also for the visit to my blog...always appreciated! xx